Sunday, March 25, 2018

Recent Buy - Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB)

While traveling with my son for baseball tournament this past Friday, I was surprised to open the Yahoo Finance app on my phone to see that KMB was trading around $106 and subsequently closed on Friday at 104.74.  I quickly put in a small limit order to pick 5 additional shares.


Purchased: 5 shares x $106.30 = $531.50 (+$0 commission)

Dividend Income: $20.00 ($4.00/sh annually; paid quarterly in Jan, Apr, Jul, and Oct)

Comments: I initiated a position in KMB earlier this month when the price was $111.50.  The purchase was made just before the ex-dividend date so I captured a $1 for each of the 25 shares I purchased at the time.  Other than the price, many of the metrics remain unchanged from earlier this month, which you can view here.  Forward dividend yield is 3.7% and my recent purchase price was nearly five percent cheaper than my entry point earlier this month.



No comments:

Post a Comment