Thursday, February 1, 2018

2018 January Dividend Summary

Bam! Just like that and the first month of the year 2018 has come to a close.  My wife and I just got back from a cruise to the eastern Caribbean and quite enjoyed the experience and the time away certainly contributed to the month of January feeling as if it just flew by.  The YoY change in dividend income amounted to a 86.4% increase. Without further ado, I present the monthly dividend summary for January below:



Since last year I've sold completely out of two of the positions seen in above under January 2017.  Xerox was sold shortly after the dividend and subsequent to the company being split into two separately traded public companies, namely Xerox (XRX) and Conduent (CDNT).  I initially purchased my position in XRX back in 2012 based on what I viewed at the time to be a significant undervaluation.  My position in Bank of Nova Scotia was purchased and subsequently sold for similar reasons.  The proceeds from the sale of both equities have since been reinvested into other dividend paying companies.

PIV

 

2 comments:

  1. PIV, gratz on the nice increase from last year. Over a hundred dollars is some nice money to receive for the month of January. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dutchman,

      Yes, pretty big increase from last year percentage wise. February will be similar. Last year during Q1 2017 and into Q2, I made some pretty big shifts in my portfolio towards dividend paying companies and bought the likes of PSX, VZ, and SO among some others. Take care!

      PIV

      Delete