Tuesday, November 14, 2017

2017 October Dividend Summary

Below is summary of dividends I received in October 2017.  This summary includes a consolidation all accounts: brokerage accounts, 401K, and IRAs.


October 2017


The YoY increase is 40% and of that amount, 36% came from favorable volume increases and the remaining 4.0% is attributed to YoY rate increases in previously existing positions.  This year I've seen significant growth in dividend income I has eliminated positions from which I do not receive dividends and I have also put to work idle cash I've had sitting in my accounts.

Thoughts on GE position
In the second half of this year, shortly before creating this blog, I initiated a position in GE and have a cost basis of $24.40 as noted below.  I have no doubt GE will remain a going concern for decades to come and I am hopeful GE will be able to turn things around over the next few years, however, I am contemplating selling my current position with the expectation that GE will settle in somewhere the $13-16 range; reinvesting the same funds back into the stock at a lower cost basis and continue to build from there.  Based on the latest investor presentation you can find here, this price range would represent a forward P/E range for GE of 12.6 - 15.5 based on the mid range 2018 adjusted EPS guidance of $1.00-1.07.  In addition, this price range would provide a dividend yield of 3.0-3.5% based on the revised annual dividend of $0.48 (which was cut from $0.96 just this week, although it had been anticipated for a few months now).  This position is currently held in a Roth account so there is no tax benefit to had from "tax loss harvesting."




No comments:

Post a Comment