Monday, December 11, 2017

2017 November Dividend Summary

Well, November has come and gone.  Similar to just about every other year, time seems to speedily pass during this time of year with all the holidays in the last quarter of the year.

As noted below, I've experienced quite the jump in YoY comparison.  During the last 18 months or so, I 've not only honed in a investing new capital in dividend paying companies, but have also sold a bit of non-dividend paying companies (i.e. PYPL) and reallocated the capital elsewhere.  I liquidated my position in PYPL months before beginning this blog which is why you'll see no post in regards to the sell.  Truth be told, although I made a good some of money on the PYPL investment, I've would have made a great deal more had I held on to the stock through the remainder of this year - still looking for that crystal ball that will inform me on how to perfectly time the market as to remove all risk.  Anyway, back to the results below, AXP raised it's quarterly dividend by ~9% since this time last year, however, ABT only raised their quarterly dividend by a measly by 2%.  All other positions noted below are new in the past year.



Would love to continue to grow my position in each of the companies listed above should better valuations present themselves in the near future.  It is becoming more and more difficult to find fair valued companies in this market as valuations continue to outpace earnings growth.

Looking ahead, I am expecting December's dividend summary to exceed $1,400 which would be
> 15% increase over last year.  I have had about 25% of that already hit my accounts as of December 10th.  It is these big months of March, June, September, and December where it seems like I am getting dividend deposits on a daily basis - I like it!

As a side note worth journaling here, I've decided to let go of my 2000 Honda Civic after finding a good deal on a used 2016 Toyota Camry SE; I expect to have this car paid-off in full by end of Q1 2018.  I would love to keep the Civic had my oldest child been a bit closer in age to driving.  I expect this Camry to last our family a close decades (or 200-300K in mileage), perhaps longer.

PIV

No comments:

Post a Comment